Standard Student Attire
Dress and Appearance:
The Clark County School District reserves the right to insist that the dress and grooming of students are within the limits of generally accepted community standards. Neil Twitchell Elementary School has "Standard Student Attire Guidelines" beyond those general guidelines from the district. They are as follows:
Twitchell Standard Student Attire Guidelines:
1. Only the basic colors of khaki, navy, burgundy, light blue, and white are acceptable when purchasing uniforms for your child
2. Students may wear uniforms of nationally recognized youth organizations such as Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts on regular meeting days only.
3. Girls may wear the following: pants, shorts-must be hemmed and fingertip length, sweaters worn over approved shirts, jackets (optional), sweatshirts/sweatpants(plain or school logo), shirts (long or short-sleeved), skirts or skorts, jumpers, and blouses (long or short-sleeved), plain or school logo).
4. Boys may wear the following: pants, shorts- must be hemmed and fingertip length, sweaters worn over approved shirts, jackets (optional), sweatshirts/sweatpants (plain or school logo), and shirts (long or short sleeved).
5. Other Options: Students may wear our P.E. t-shirt or school logo clothing items available for purchase at school. These items may be worn along with our basic colors.
6. Uniforms do not have to be purchased at a uniform store. Target, Mervyns, Old Navy, JC Penney, and The Gap carry many appropriate items. Only our school logo may be worn on shirts and pants. No other logos such as Nike, Reebok, etc. may be on shirts or pants.
Additional Information: CCSD Dress Code Regulation 5131
The principal shall retain the authority to grant exceptions for special occasions and/or special conditions.